Friday, May 1, 2015

catching up the house and the to do list

The day I got back I tried to unpack but only got about halfway before I found myself wandering the house in a daze trying to remember what I was doing. I made myself stay up until 7 pm, and then slept like a rock for 10 hours.

The next day I had a headache all day, and also a dentist appointment. Not related. I think.
But I managed to get one load of clothes washed and the rest of the unpacking done. I had to stop doing laundry after that because of a water main break. I'd slept too long and had trouble going to sleep that night. So I only got about 6 hours of sleep, I think.

Yesterday I said, enough! And took the day off.
I caught up on reading my blogs, made some rice so I could make stir fried rice,
And watched two movies that were going to expire on Netflix: The Rats of NIMH, and Flight.
The rats I wouldn't watch again. It was interesting but not a keeper.
Flight, however, was one of those movies that I kept talking, yelling actually, back at. The main character had a serious problem and I kept saying, 'Seriously? You're really going to do that? Again? How stupid can you be??'
And then, because I'd watched that one so close to bed time, again had trouble getting to sleep.
In spite of a bowl of mashed potatoes (that usually knocks me out!), AND a cup of hot milk with honey. I didn't have to resort to Sleepy Time Tea, and that's good because I always feel groggy after drinking that!
So today I'm a bit tired, but I have a list of things I want to do before I sleep tonight.
So far, so good.
I've done a full load of laundry and started a second one (the last for a while).
Emptied and cleaned the portapotty I use in the little Gnome Home camper.
Wrapped some chicken wire around one of the garden supports for the cucumber vines (volunteer) to climb on.
Mowed the back yard.
Weeded one of the front flower beds.
And played with the dog.
Oh, and ran the dishwasher.
Still want to give the dog a bath, and wash my hairs.
But lunch of speghetti meatballs is calling my name.
So, I'm off.

(Wife Goes on? You've won a free knitting pattern. Now we just need to figure out which one you'd like, and get it to you. If you're a member of Ravelry, it's easy peasy to do. If not, well, we'll figure out something. Let me know you saw this and we'll go from there, okay?)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited!! And a member of Ravelry, so please feel free to email me (I think you can see from my comments...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I can't figure it out. Can you message me on Ravelry? Over there I'm mrsmouse! Let me know which pattern you'd like and I'll send it to you on Ravelry, okay? (darned autocorrect keeps trying to make that Revelry???!!! LOL)

      Delete
  2. Thanks--for doing that C.
    Wife (Melissa) has been wonderful to me the last 3 years--sending me gift cards to Subway and other stores. She works at Purdue University, but don't let that affect your feelings toward her, LOL LOL.

    ReplyDelete