Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Do over

I managed to get my safety door built yesterday, but I'm not happy with how it looks (sort of like a bank vault door - very safe but too dark and clunky), so I'm not sharing pictures and I'm going to do it again, different this time.

I'm thinking of using dowels to give the door an open, airy look, yet still be stable and strong enough.

The rebuild will mean a trip to town for supplies; not my little town, but a big box store in the bigger town an hour away. Maybe Thursday.

I also got my first non-friend nibble on the B&B last night. That was pretty exciting! AND they want to rent it for 6 weeks!! HURRAH!

Of course there's a catch.

They want to rent it in July and August, the very months I need to be up north, and later plan on going across country to see J!

What to do...

I told them I'd planned to be away during that time, but if they were comfortable with no breakfasts, change their own linens, and have a neighbor (if'n they're willing) act as local contact, then I'd speak to the neighbors and see if they're willing to do that.

So I gave them a firm maybe. :)

The people who owned this house before me used to rent that apartment out by the month, so it's not an unusual request.

And since the person requesting it is working at the local hospital, AND so is my neighbor who I told about it day before yesterday, it's just possible that she was the one who told the interested person about the B&B and so might be willing to be phone contact in case anything went wrong with the A/C, or something.

And since it would bring in a solid 6 weeks of rent, I'd reduce the rate a bit and throw in free dedicated wifi.

I've asked Hubs' opinion, too. Not sure if I'm comfortable with it or not, really.

The answer I gave her gives me time to think about it more, and allows an 'out' in case I decide I'm not willing to do it.

Time will tell.

Nice that there are nibbles on it, anyway. :)

I had to laugh at J's reply on yesterday's post. Yes, J, I WOULD be the sort of person that drove a riding lawn mower from my house to the fix it place on the side of the highway. Can't you just see me? Floppy shade hat, extra large blue jean shirt and holy jeans?

Nope, I got no shame at all. LOL!

Well, today's a desk day, so I'll be cross eyed by evening but maybe have a clear desk and outbox.

So, off I go.

1 comment:

  1. I think it would work to rent to them.
    Did ya get your mower fixed?

    ReplyDelete