Monday, May 4, 2015

Second verse same as the first

For some reason (I haven't figured out why yet) I haven't been sleeping sound since I got back. I'm having trouble falling asleep, and staying asleep. I've tried all my normal remedies and so far none of them have worked.

Someone very dear to me who currently lives far away over the water suggested I put the bed back in the camper and sleep out in the garage. We laughed, but I tell you, I'm not far from it.

My to do list is suffering because of it. I'm so tired by lunch that nothing much gets done after that.

This is an old cycle. It just happens without rhyme or reason every couple of months. I know I just need to tough it out and it will get better and back to normal. I just wish I knew what caused it so I could kick it out the door sooner!!

I did manage to give the dog a bath yesterday. She's really needed it since our little trip. She isn't a greasy dog, like some lab mixes, but she and I were caught in high winds and dusty conditions and that does make the hair itch. I was able to make use of the campground showers and feel better, but dogs aren't allowed in there, and I don't have 'proper bathroom facilities' in my little Gnome home. Bathroom facilities include a chemical holding tank portable toilet, and plastic bowl and water jug sink, and if you want a shower and there isn't one in the campground, you stand outside with a bar of soap in the rain. :) What can I say, ... It's very basic, my little camper.

I'm not sure she likes getting a bath. Someone has scared her badly. Especially water near her face. Not good. That will take a lot of time and patience and no mistakes on my part to get her over, but we'll get there. I think I know where they bathed her improperly, and I won't take her back there anymore. Pets ask so little of us. And their needs are so simple and easy to fill. It's the least we can do not to scare them in the process of taking care of them. Sheesh!

So, still no pictures. Sorry. I've been spending my computer time catching up, catching up on desk work, and doing research on making a pop up roof for my little camper. And also working to get my listing for my B&B set up correctly. I have a guest coming in the middle of May. Getting that place set up well is my highest priority right now.

Today I'll build a swing door for the top of the stairs. Very simple model with spring hinges opening one way only, so if someone zigs when they aught to zag on the way past the stairs to the bathroom in the middle of the night, they'll just bounce off the safety door, not take a tumble down the stairs.

I'm a safety gal. :)  (Anyone know what movie that like comes from?)

Anyway, it's time to move my rump and get some things done!
Off to the hardware store...I need wood!

And so, off I go!

1 comment:

  1. I assume you have tried 0.5mg Melatonin at bedtime? All very natural and without it, I would never get or stay asleep. Another you might try, if you are in a bit of pain, Tylenol PM, it is the least harmful of any pain med you can use. BTW--how in the world do you lift a heavy door to get it up on the hinges? Oh--I forgot. You're still in your 50's. Okay--carry on and I want to see pix of your B&B spot.

    ReplyDelete