Thursday, May 21, 2015

three more

Yesterday the forecast was incorrect. Rain and storms all around; only a little rain here.
More in the forecast for...well, at least the next 5 days.

The mower didn't come yesterday. They had a bit of trouble, tire trouble, and were delayed.
They'll try again on Friday.

So that means more hand mowing on the plate today, as the rain allows.

Slept wrong two days ago and my neck is giving me some pain, too. It should be better in a day or so but it will make mowing a bit more of a challenge. That's what Tylenol is for, I suppose. My system can't seem to tolerate any other kind of pain medication, so that's what I get to use. It works, most of the time, except on the arthritis in my fingers.

So no knitting until the rain and pain clears.

Thankfully, I can still manage woodworking, if I'm careful, without too much pain.

I got the kitchen shelf up in the apartment, but it needs more bracing. Not sure if I have the wood needed, or if I'll need to go to the big town to get more. I'll dig through the scrap pile today and see.
I want to get this project done and finished so I can start building my murphy bed. :)

A few more pictures today.
My lemon thyme is blooming.



And I have volunteer delphiniums popping up all over in the front and back beds. Some of the seeds spread to the neighbor's cow pasture. It will give the calves something new to try.



A lily in the front. Didn't know those bulbs were there until I cut back the shrubs...okay, okay, cut them down. They were overgrown and so I cut them off to stumps, figuring to replace them with roses.



Believe it or not, the shrubs are coming back. Not sure now if I'll keep them or not. They're small. I have time to decide.

I hear thunder. Time to unplug this thing, so off I go.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your area on the weather map and cringed. You may need a pontoon before long! I also cut my Privet hedges along the east of my house, down last fall. They had winter kill and were very spindly. Now, they are coming back strong! I will just let them grow and then trim them gently into the shape they once were--like when I moved in 12 years ago. Wasn't it Jesus that said something about cutting off dead and useless branches to bring new growth?

    ReplyDelete