Saturday, May 23, 2015

a bit of rain

The mower came yesterday! Yay!

But we had thick fog and wet grass so no mowing.

This morning we have more rain. So, yeah, not today either.
At this rate, I'll need to hay, not mow. :)

But the rain helps the flowers.
The bluebonnets are nearly all done, but I'm leaving the seed pods to dry,
if it ever does,
so there'll be lots of seeds for next year's display.



The little yellow plant...not sure if it's a weed or a flower, but it's pretty,
so I'll just enjoy it and not worry about that sort of thing.

The rose loves the rain.



The daisy plant does too.



The yellow yarrow is drinking it up.



So is the Lantana, even though that's usually a dry climate, low maintenance plant.
The rain hasn't killed it yet, so I guess it likes the rain, too.



Flood watch for today and tomorrow. They say maybe 3 inches of rain in the next day and a half.

Sure wish I'd installed rain barrels when I moved in here.

I dug a short ditch around two corners of the driveway turnaround. It wasn't draining properly and I was getting standing water there every time it rained.

I guess I'll know by the end of Sunday if the ditch worked or if I need to do more to clear the problem.

It's a book and movie weekend. Not feeling up to even wood working today.

Maybe I'll get to town on Monday and get what I need to finish up the safety door and Apartment kitchen work bench.

The person who wants to rent it in July-August stopped by yesterday to see it. She seemed to like it, in spite of my half projects. I'm glad.

It will be nice to get it rented. And she seemed like a nice, level headed kid. Fingers crossed.

This morning I found what I think is a tarantula. Dead. Thank heavens. And outside.
Need to check google images to be sure.

And a couple of roaches, big water bug type. Also not living. Also outside.

Bug guys come again on Tuesday. Can't be too soon!

That's it. I've run out of nice for today.
So, off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment