Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Door and window

If nothing else, time has taught me to stop, and breathe,
and then respond
when things are trying to be different than I supposed
or planned.

My first real bed and breakfast reservation was canceled.

It was due to circumstances beyond her control.

She was distressed and sorry.
I told her not to worry.
It was not a problem.
I offered a full refund.

I was sad
for missed opportunities
but
I was gracious
and solicitous
and put my guest first
and did my utmost to do the best I could
with what was beyond our control.

I went on to install the safety door.
And set up a nice place for the coffee making.
And swept and dusted and planned some minor decorations
because

someone else will be coming

at the end of June.

And if it's prepped and ready,

if this closed door allows a window to open an opportunity for someone else

I'll be nearly ready.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but at least you have it all ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you can keep a good outlook. Your kindnesses will be repaid. It can be hard to stay positive with gray weather!

    ReplyDelete