Friday, May 15, 2015

This might be why I stopped

I think this is why I stopped blogging before.
I don't want this to simply be a to do list.
Or complaint log.
And yet, other than saying I'm really getting to hate this rain and humidity,
or talk about the wood working I'm doing, planning to do, making wood lists for or sitting looking at the pieces and not doing, I've really got nothing right now.
I'm still in a holding pattern with my dental work.
I still can't go north until it's done.
The dog is doing pretty good most days.
My house is pretty clean and picked up.

See? boring.

Oh, wait. I got something.
The mower repair person is supposed to come today.
So I'm housebound all day because they don't make an appointment for a time.
They say 8-5.
So no errands.
And anytime I'm not in the main part of the house, the dog will need to be crated.
Not much fun for her, this kind of day.

So, I'll measure wood and maybe get a shelf put up in the apartment kitchen.
And begin a supply list for my spare room bed I want to make.
And watch it rain some more.

Should have bought a bigger rain barrel.
Who'd a thunk there'd be this much rain.
And the funny thing is?
The lakes are still not at capacity after the years of drought.

Of course, if this continues, it's just a matter of time.

Some places have standing water near me.
The pond (they call them tanks around these parts) behind my place is full and has been all year, even though the neighbors said it doesn't hold water. Apparently it does if it rains heavy every damned day.

Okay, that's enough.
I'm still here. Not very good company right now, but here.
And okay, for all my grumping.
I've productive things to do.
.
.
.
Guess I'll get to it. Right then, off I go.


1 comment:

  1. You can be non-productive on a rainy day. Take a nap. Watch a movie. Eat some ice cream.

    ReplyDelete