Monday, May 25, 2015

Time to decide

I've been playing with different designs for my spare room bed,
the only bed downstairs, now,
and the one I use.

It's in the office, and I want to make it a combination:

dresser drawers,
fold out bed,
fold out desk,
standing desk,
and shelving that allows things to be put on it, and yet,
when the bed folds down, the shelf moves without tipping everything to the floor,
or having to be cleared off.

It's a tall order.
But I think I've gotten it figured out,
the design,
and the build.

I'll make it in three parts.
The drawer part below,
the folding bed, desk and shelf part,
and lastly the standing desk part.

I've been spending some of this rain time by searching the Internets for free plan sets.

I found plans for a murphy bed, but it's a tall, upright one, not a sideways job like I want to build.

I've looked it over and I think I can adapt the plans to work.

I just need a couple rain free, clear headed days to figure out the wood requirements.

I found ready made plans for the drawers. Perfect size for what I want, too. Yay!
And also the standing desk part.

So, I'll start with the drawers. Just need to make a list and go to the big town 45 minutes away.

Not tomorrow.
The bug guy comes then.
Good thing.
I'm getting water bugs between my screen door and outside door. Only a matter of time before they find a crack to get in.

I think I may have a way figured out to solve the heavy rain ponding by the front walk.
And I should be able to do it myself without having to call in a landscape company.

I wish I had a plumber friend that lived nearby. A snake, the plumbing kind, not the reptile variety, would come in pretty handy about now.

More rain in the forecast for today and tonight, but then after that, even though the rain stays in the forecast, it is supposed to be spotty showers, pop up evening storms, and much more mild.

Good. I'm ready for some of that.

[All clear. Tornados missed me this time! Yay!]

I've got a few more pictures for you.

Mother's day brought a lovely 'Just because' from my lovely husband.

He knows I love a picket fence. :)


I got some pictures of my 3 mystery shrubs blooming.





There are yellow Iris blooming in the neighbor's cow pasture. Don't know if there was a house there sometime ago, or if the person who used to own this place planted them. It's anyone's guess, but they're nice.

a spot of color in the cow pasture


And a wild grass called 'blue-eyed grass', native to this area. Delicate and lovely.



It only grows in areas that aren't mowed in the spring.


So, what do you do when you're out shopping and can't find a mirror?
A selfie works just fine!
(nope, didn't buy it. Might still, though. It's kinda cute, eh?)

Just a bit Audrey Hepburn, don't you think?


Okay, that's it for me this time.
Off I go.

4 comments:

  1. I do adore the hat!
    I had Iris grow in the ditch across the road from my house. It was because I divided the tubers and had no one to give them too, so I threw them in that ditch! It was really pretty in a couple of years. :-)
    As for this combo you speak of--I can't even imagine! Why do you want to sleep downstairs? How long/wide is this bed going to be--I think we need a "blankie" for it.
    How sweet of Hubs!
    Glad you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll show you pictures when it's done. It will be the same, twin xl size still, just in a new fold up state of being. I like to sleep downstairs because the last thing I want to do when I'm tired is climb stairs. And this way I can only heat/cool the downstairs when I'm here alone. Saves a bunch.

      Delete
    2. I always liked sleeping downstairs. Less steps to run out when the basement is on fire. :-)

      Delete
    3. This would be true! :-) As I hope neither one of us ever has to experience again, eh? HUGS

      Delete