Wednesday, May 20, 2015

flowers

I can't remember how long it's been since rain and thunderstorms weren't a part of the forecast.

Today, so far though, supposedly not.

A break, that feels like a reprieve.

I've been in a bit of a funk; the rain, gloomy skies, the damp and mold and joint pain and fevers that the storms bring.

It makes it difficult to find anything to say that isn't just grumping. And I don't really want or need to keep a record of the times I can't find anything nice to say, now do I.

Today the mower comes, and the hayfield that is the side yard can maybe be mown down.
Today will be busy if it doesn't rain. So much outside is getting away from me.

I decided I'd try, on those days I can't think of what to say, well, not anything worth typing anyway, to post some pictures. I've a backlog I've been promising.

So, today, two flowers.
One is the hydrangea in the front. By the color I'm guessing it needs feeding a bit more acid to make it blue.



And the other is a mystery I found on the edge of the driveway in the wild area of trees and leaf mold. Maybe it has a name?



Unfortunately,
I found a red headed centipede on the back deck this week. 
"I'm Baaaaaaaack!" it seemed to say.

oh joy

But the dentist office called. Next appointment is next week.
I need a miracle. 
It's already 2 months later than I wanted to head north,
and I'm losing my ability to be nice to them;
mistake after mistake,
trapping me here when I want to 
GO NORTH!!!

Okay, I seem to have used up all my nice, so
That's all I've got today. 

Off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment