Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Home

The first thing the dog did when we got home was plop down and sprawl across the kitchen floor. Not sure what that was about. Maybe she was afraid that the little Gnome Home camper was going to be the only home we ever had for ever more?

In any case, home and half unpacked already.

Brought the bed back into the house from the camper. It will do until I get my permanent bed built. I could have slept in one of the beds upstairs, but I like my little bed. It's comfy and fits me very well. It won't take long to build the other one, now I know how I want it.

But not today.

Today is a catch up day starting with a dentist appointment at 0815, swing by the store to pick up groceries, and the post office to get the held mail...

Once home, then the garden...I'll have to get pictures of that. My throw away garden is now an edible jungle. LOL!

And I need to finish the unpack to find the souvenir thank you gifts for the neighbors who looked after the house for me.
Laundry, of course.
And some bills to pay.

Tomorrow I'm going to unplug and catch up on my computer friends and watch a couple of movies and not move. :)

It was a full fun trip.

I got pictures.

And I'll share them, later this week.

LOTS of woodworking projects to get done in the next month or so.
Hence, 'The List'.

But that's for later.

Enough for right now to know I'm home, with things to do.

Fingers crossed Lady J can figure out my pattern. So blessed to have someone willing to test it for me so I can get it up for sale!! Thanks J!!

Alrighty then. Enough update for now. More later. Today's a wastin'

So, off I go.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds just so exciting. I know our dog would much rather go with us when traveling, rather than leaving her home with kiddos. She does not like us being gone.
    Have a wonderful relaxing time while home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are such pack animals, as well as friends, aren't they. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. What a great time you've had!!!
    Is the test cover for your bed in the Gnome Home?
    What are the measurements?
    What are the colors inside your Gnome Home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS a lot of fun. :) And I won't be so frightened next time.
      The Twin XL test blanket will be for my Gnome home, yes, but the other sizes are higher priority to me, so I can be sure it's good enough to release it for sale in the most common sizes. The XL one isn't a common size, and it's for me, so it's last. The colors? The curtains are pale yellow with yellow and blue pansy, with a white top border. The floor is blue-grey 'tile look' vinyl. The ceiling is dark grey. The rest is subject to change. It's still a work in progress, but the curtains will likely stay, and you know my fondness for yellow and blue. :) The Gnome Home mattress is 24x78x3, and sits 11 inches off the floor. The normal Twin XL I'll have for my room at home is 32x78x3. (room to stretch out sideways a bit. LOL!) That help?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Twin XL size sounds like the size for dorm room mattresses - they all use a special sheet length that are a bit more difficult to find, but they are out there.

    ReplyDelete