Friday, April 3, 2015

Ain't no sunshine when you're gone

Woke up to this song in my head.

One of my bestest friends in the whole world had to go into the hospital this past week, and I've been worried about her. Finally heard this morning that she is on the mend, and it's the best news.

I hate being so far away from family and friends. I wish I were closer so I could have visited her, taken care of her cats, and had a nice warm supper ready for her when she came home.

All I can do is tell her I love her and want her to get well fast by electronic digits.
Just not the same thing as a real, full body hug.

Love you, Kiddo.
Get all better soonest!

Last full day of my visitor. So hard to stay in the moment and milk the time for all it is, and not project into tomorrow when he has to leave.

Yesterday he met the neighbors who look after me while he's gone, and we put a ramp on the garden shed, and moved the rest of the furniture up to the guest room, and managed to play a bit of basketball (he won, of course, but I gave him a run for his money!).

It was hot and sticky (I know, I know. Y'all in the north don't want to hear that. Sorry), so we took plenty of water breaks and worked slow.

And we took time out to visit our favorite barbecue place. They still make the finest smoked brisket I've ever had, bar none.

Today we'll... well, we'll play it by ear and hopefully enjoy the day. This evening a mutual friend arrives for a visit, so I'll have company for Easter. That will be very nice.

Keep thinking about my far away friend, and wishing she were here, too. Sending love to her and her fur kids. Hope all was okay at home while she was away, and looking forward to hearing from her as soon as she feels able. Go slow, Love, and take good care of yourself. There's the most important thing. Everything else can wait. Hugs!

So, a new day. Off I go.

1 comment: