Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Catching up ...

... from the past two days.

I've mowed all the grass. The neighbor is going to keep it up for me while I'm gone so I wanted to get it in shape so he doesn't have as much to do.

I've raked nearly all the leaves. Live Oak loses leaves and acorns in the fall and even more leaves in the spring.

I rebuilt the bed/couch in my little camper. I tried it out last night and it was too high; I kept hitting my head.

I'll try it again tonight. I think I have it right now.

Tomorrow I plan on packing, and if the weather cooperates, hooking up and spending the night in a small nearby campground, just to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

If the forecast calls for storms, and it's possible, I'll just camp out in the garage tomorrow night. :)

I hope the dog sleeps better tonight than she did last night. She was pretty unsure what was going on last night. Her own bed, and familiar smells helped, but not 100%. She kept pacing and sniffing, and kept waking me up.

If she's half as tired as I am tonight, though, she'll sleep like a log!

Well, I still need to pack an overnight bag, and check weather, and then hook up the little camper and pull it out into the driveway, so I'd best get busy.

Off I go.

2 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH! Exciting! How long are you going to be away from home? Are you heading north first? Don't lose touch with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not very long; just a bit over 3 weeks this time. I won't be able to head north until later this summer because of the dentist. I'll do my best to keep up the blog, and I wouldn't dream of losing touch with you!!!

    ReplyDelete