Monday, April 13, 2015

Dar be mountains to be seen

between rain showers, at least. They're really beautiful, and constantly changing with the breaks in the clouds, as the light changes. Nearly black, dark and gloomy, when the dark rain clouds pour over; grey and misty in the cloudy light, and sage green in banded patterns when the sun breaks through and fingers of light touch the sides of the hills. Even in the wet, it's beautiful.

I got some pictures. I'll post them when the journey's done. Too hard to do it on the road with uncertain wireless.

Half way through the trip out, and the coldest day so far. Woke up to mid 40's, rain and very windy. So glad this little camper is built tightly and easy to warm up. I'm looking forward to my destination where I hope it will be dry and warm.

As the showers roll past I have a couple of good books on my Kindle, and am sitting in comfort on my cot (the dog on her thick bed beside me). In between showers we walk around the grounds. No sight seeing really on this trip. Just relaxing in camp, reading, knitting and walking. Trying to make the best of whatever weather Mother Nature decides to throw at us.

I'm eating good. I had cashew pancakes and scrambled eggs with ham for breakfast with hot coffee, and just about to have spam on toast with lasagne leftovers for lunch, and for dinner? I'm thinking a nice bag of dehydrated beef stew, rehydrated, of course. Pretty fancy fare for camping. :)

And it's raining again. I'm a happy camper, yes I am. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the leisurely pace you take for yourself. It should be warm and dry where you're going and different scenery too. Such an adventure. Do you feel like an independent woman of the world as yet? Confidence over flowing? Just you, the Dawg and the wide open world!

    ReplyDelete