Tuesday, June 2, 2015

time

Fever today and stiff and sore. I guess I overdid it yesterday without realizing it.
So a day to rest, and watch Netflix tv shows, and maybe a movie, read a book, eat leftovers from the freezer.

Not what I wanted to do today, but I don't get to choose that.
I only get to choose if I'm going to take care of myself and do what my body is telling me I need to do, or if I'm going to push things further than I aught to and make it worse.

Well, that's a no brainer, then, isn't it, putting it that way.

I want to go to the store, and buy my wood list, and build my bed I've dreamed of making for years.
But it will need to wait a bit longer.

And really, if it's waited this long, a few more days to take care of myself probably won't make that much difference.

I'm getting older, and feeling the press of years. I know I haven't forever to keep putting off my dreams. We've all a finite amount of days, and each one feels shorter.

I made the decision nearly a quarter of a century ago to put most of my own dreams on hold and follow another. I thought I was just putting them off for a bit.

I don't want to find myself too old to do them at all.

Silly me. Isn't that a mess.
An achy day and I go all doom and maudlin.

Well, that's enough of that, then. Time for a cheery comedy and a milkshake.
That will get rid of the doom and gloom.

Off I go.

1 comment:

  1. You are so young in age that I almost laugh when I read this post, BUT I know that physical difficulties make some things very hard to do. Just keep a steady, easy pace and it will all come to be. Rest when you need too and don't try to do it all in one week. Okay?

    ReplyDelete