Thursday, March 26, 2015

Finding the good thing

Yesterday the free washcloth pattern I have up on Ravelry reached 450 downloads and 100 ‘favorites’!! 

YAY!!

You can find that knitting pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/my-favorite-washcloth-2 

To celebrate, I’d like to offer one of my paid knitting patterns for free to the first person who asks. 

(I currently have three paid knitting patterns available to choose from - two baby bootie patterns, and a pattern for a baby hat.)

edited to add:

----- ! The free celebratory pattern has been claimed ! -----

Good luck! And happy knitting!



Yesterday when I went to the dentist I found out that my trip plans were going to be delayed, not by a couple of weeks as I’d supposed, but by a couple of months. At least. Maybe more.

The way things are, the dentist has to send out the actual technical work rather than doing it in house. Not cost effective, I guess, to keep a denture lab technician in house.

So they send them to somewhere really good, and because of that, really popular, and that makes the turn around time that much longer.

But that also means I’ll have the best teeth we can build for me.

Instead of being upset by the delay, I kept thinking about the good things that would happen because of it.

Less stress getting ready. I’ve got lots more time now to get things in and around the little camper exactly as I want them.

More time to prep the house for being closed down. 
More time to make a garden and eat fresh spring greens
More time to enjoy the wild flowers that are going to be outstanding this year.
More time to take little small local trips around here before I go for a much longer haul.

Not to mention the advantage of getting my teeth done really good this time. 

I like this dentist. He has the rather unusual focus on getting things right instead of fast.
With such a caring dentist, I’m sure the look and fit will be something worth the wait.

And while I wait I can do more things, like building a second raised garden bed, and getting some potatoes planted.

So, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to plant some seeds. Looks like I’ll get a spring garden after all!

4 comments:

  1. I'd love a knitting pattern - is it too late?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too late at all! You're the first person to ask, and so you get to pick which of my paid patterns you'd like for yourself. Are you a member of Ravelry? If so, message me there with the subject line "Wife Goes On" and let me know which pattern you'd like! Thanks for playing along with me and happy knitting!!

      Delete
    2. Oh, dear, I must be more tired than I thought. I forgot to tell you my name on Ravelry. I'm mrsmouse over there. :)

      Delete